SOTA Guide - Kennesaw Mtn, W4G/CE-001
Drive Guide - Kennesaw Mountain
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Google Maps URL from Atlanta (33.917, -84.3378): http://goo.gl/maps/NgQXy
- SOTA Extra Info Page: http://sotawatch.org/summits.php?summit=w4g/ce-001
- Seasonal/Limited Access:
- All weather, all season. All paved roads.
- 7:30AM-8PM during DST, 7:30AM-6PM during Standard Time
- I-285 to I-75N.
- Take exit 269 (Barrett Parkway).
- Left onto Barrett Parkway at traffic light and go ~ 3 miles.
- Left onto Old Hwy 41 at traffic light.
- Right at next light onto Stilesboro Rd.
- Visitor center immediately on your left
- Waffle House at 170 Barret Pky
- 0.7 miles to right of exit 269
- On left. Access via U-turn at Barrett Creek Blvd/Chastain Meadows Pky
- Last McDonalds: 305 Ernest W Barrett Pkwy NW. 0.2 miles west of Waffle House
- On the way home (scouting/errands):
- Duration: 1.2 miles. 1:00 with kids.
- The trail from the visitor center is well marked. You could take the shuttle (on the weekend) or drive to the upper lot, but then you’d miss out on a nice hike.
- Trailhead altitude: 1130’ near visitor center
- Summit altitude: 1808’
- GPS tracks/waypoints:
- Parking Lot: 33.98358, -84.57883
- Summit 33.9763, -84.5794
- Hang antenna from tree: Yes, in the activation zone; no at the apex.
- Space to guy mast: Yes, in the activation zone; no at the apex.
- Cell coverage: Yes.
- Unique features:
- Pine Mountain
- Stone Mountain