One time, up front, register with Andy, MM0FMF (mm0fmf_sotaATintermoose.com)
- Your email address
- Your call sign
- Your cell phone (SMS source) number
- Ask him to sign you up for his SMS to SOTA spot gateway
SMS to: 530-430-7682
callsign-or-! association summit frequency mode comments
e.g. ! w4c WM-001 ssb 1300 UTC in the rain
- ! = use my sign-up call sign. If you want to use a different call sign, enter it instead of "!"
- w4c = the part of the summit name before the slash
- WM-001 = the part of the summit name after the slash (My sample summit is Clingman's Dome, North Carolina, USA)
- ssb = I'm using SSB, not FM or AM or CW.
- 1500 UTC in the rain = my comment, telling them when I was spotted (1 PM Eastern Daylight Time) and that it is raining.
- e.g. ! w4c WM-001 ssb 1300 UTC in the rain
- callsign-or-! association summit frequency mode comments
See also: SOTA Self-spot Via APRS