How to spot yourself for SOTA using APRS2SOTA….
Send an APRS message:
- To: SOTA
- Note: No SSID. Just “SOTA” (or, if you must, SOTA-0)
- Message body (separate fields with spaces):
- Frequency in MHz
- Mode (e.g. AM,CW,DATA,DV,FM,PSK,RTTY,SSB,OTHER)
- optional comment
e.g. Send the following to SOTA:
W4G/NG-001 14.344 SSB K4KPK hello from Brasstown Bald
- You do have to pre-register. Send an email to misc at g0lgs.co.uk (that’s at g0Lgs). I sent a few extra words, so it would be clear I was not a robot. Be sure to provide your call sign.
- I’ve been asked whether the content must be upper/lower case. I don’t know. In fact, I don’t actually know how to switch upper/lower case on my HT, so it seems unlikely that case matters.
See also: SOTA Self-spot Via SMS