Drive to Trailhead & Trail Guide
Drive Guide - Scaly Mtn from Atlanta
- Duration: 1:55, 115 miles
- Google Maps URL from Ashford Dunwoody Rd and I-285 at 33.91998, -84.33898: http://goo.gl/maps/CBxy7
- Seasonal/Limited Access:
- I-285 E
- I-85 N and go 17
- I-985 N and go 53
- S on US-441 N and go 30.5
- R ond GA-246 W / NC-246 W / NC-106 W and go 8.5
- Paved parking turn-out on R.
- Last McDonalds:
- Penultimate McDonalds:
- Duration: 1.8, 1:30
- (Per KI4SVM)
- Park at the Osage Mtn Overlook (35.029082,-83.281926) on NC Hwy 106/GA Hwy 246
- Cross the highway and ascend the steps heading north on the Bartram Trail.
- The hike is 3.8 miles round trip with 1100’ of elevation gain.
- The trail has several steep sections along this stretch.
- Trailhead altitude: 3680 @ 35.02888,-83.2821
- Summit altitude: 4804 @ 35.0372, -83.2856
- GPS tracks/waypoints:
- Hang antenna from tree:
- Space to guy mast:
- Cell coverage:
- Unique features:
- summits listed here with some clue as to where/how