Drive to Trailhead & Trail Guide - Pine Mountain, W4G/HC-036
Drive Guide - Pine Mountain from Atlanta
- Duration: 0:45 from Atlanta
- Google Maps URL from Atlanta (33.91998, -84.33898): https://goo.gl/maps/GIqvp
- Seasonal/Limited Access: Year-round, all weather.
- I-285 West
- I-75 North
- Exit 288 for GA-113. Turn Right. Go 0.1
- Turn Right onto Komatsu Drive. Go 0.1
- There are no restrooms in the parking area, and the trail is too public to make your own.
- Last McDonalds: When you exit I-75, instead of turning R, turn L and go 1/3 mile.
- Duration: 1.3 miles 0:50 up; 0:35 down
- Cartersville publishes a brochure about the area at http://www.cityofcartersville.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/570 .
- There are posts with arrows at each intersection. However, some posts have only colored arrows. The color matches the color on the map. If you print the map in black-and-white, you’ve got a problem!
- If you didn’t bring a color-printed map, just take the right-most trail at each intersection, going up from the west parking lot.
- Do not turn L at the wide path with a boulder in the middle of it.
- R onto purple loop (purple arrows point both directions at a T).
- R on orange trail
- R on marked/signed trail to summit
- Trailhead altitude: 792’ @ parking @ 34.17534, -84.75366
- Summit altitude: 1562’
- GPS tracks/waypoints:
- Pine Mountain west parking lot = 34.17534, -84.75366
- Beginning of Red Trail = 34.17841, -84.74715
- Summit = 34.17680, -84.74500
- Hang antenna from tree: Low trees near summit. May have to zigzag your wire.
- Space to guy mast: Yes. I bungeed mine to a crooked tree.
- Cell coverage: Good.
- Kennesaw Mountain, Vineyard Mountain