Drive to Trailhead & Trail Guide
Drive Guide - Little Bald Knob
- Duration: 4:15, 260 miles
- Google Maps URL from Ashford Dunwoody Rd and I-285 at 33.91998, -84.33898:
- Seasonal/Limited Access:
- I-285 E
- I-85 N and go 124 miles
- I-185 N and go 1.6
- Exit 15 for US-25/White Horse Rd
- L on US-25 and go 38.2
- I-26 W and go 22.3
- R fork for I-26 W and go 4.1
- Exit 4A for US-70
- US-70 W for 49.6
- Exit 32 for SR-173 / Unicoi Rd
- R on SR 173 and go 0.3
- R on Unicoi Dr and go 0.7
- L on TN-107 E and go 10.1
- R on John Goodin Rd and go 0.5 (Dirt)
- When the road makes a sharp left turn, it starts moving away from the AT. The AT is to your right (NW) about 100’.
- Last McDonalds:
- Penultimate McDonalds:
- Duration: 0.7 miles, about 660’ climb; 0:40 up; 0:25 down
- Follow the AT to your left (SW).
- Watch out for intersecting trans.
- As you near the summit, you may have to bushwhack.
- Trailhead altitude: ??? @ 36.137606, -82.239546
- Summit altitude: ???
- GPS tracks/waypoints:
- Hang antenna from tree:
- Space to guy mast:
- Cell coverage:
- Unique features:
- summits listed here with some clue as to where/how