Drive to Trailhead & Trail Guide - Levelland Mtn
Drive Guide - Levelland
- Duration: 1:35
- Google Maps URL from Atlanta (33.91998, -84.33898): http://goo.gl/maps/ESfYO
- Seasonal/Limited Access: All seasons, all weather roads.
- N on GA-400 from I-285 for 47 miles
- L on US-19 N and follow for 26.2
- 0.5 past Walasi-Yi, L into Byron Herbert Reece Memorial Parking area (38 spaces)
- Parking demand often exceeds spaces.
- Last McDonalds: 35 Mountain Dr, Dahlonega GA (you go right past it)
- Penultimate McDonalds: GA-400 at GA-53 (38 miles north of I-285)
- Dinner: Smokin’ Gold Barbecue - 59 East Main St, Dahlonega, GA.
- Duration: 1:45 up; 1:00 down. 1.8 miles
- Walk up to Walasi-Yi and take the AT to the east.
- Total distance 1.9 miles. Climbs about 900’
- Water: If you need water, there is a spigot under the bay window on the right side (facing the front door) of Walasi-Yi. The outfitter permits hiker use.
- Trailhead altitude: 2975’ (at Blood Mtn parking lot)
- Summit altitude: 3900’
- GPS tracks/waypoints:
- Summit: 34.7322, -83.903
- Trailhead/parking: 34.74206, -83.92217
- Hang antenna from tree: Yes
- Space to guy mast: Yes
- Cell coverage: AT&T and Verizon and APRS – all good
- Unique features:
- Appalachian Trail passes through a building (breezeway) near the trailhead.
- Blood Mountain
- Akin Mtn
- Gooch Mountain
- Sassafras Mountain
- Black Mountain (W4G/NG-022)