Trip-specific: Drive to Trailhead & Trail Guide
Drive Guide - Frozen Knob
- Duration: 2:00
- Google Maps URL from Ashford Dunwoody Rd and I-285 at 33.91998, -84.33898:
- Seasonal/Limited Access: USFS-346 closed Jan 2 - Mar 10. Unknown drivability in 2WD.
- GA-400 N and go 47
- L on US-19 N and go 9.6
- R on GA-9 and go 0.7
- L on US-19 Business and go 0.5
- R on GA-60 Business and go 2.2
- L on Camp Washega Rd and go 8.4
- Hairpin R on Coopers Gap Rd and go 2.9
- Cross Coopers Gap RD at Appalachian Trail and name changes to Gaddistown Rd and go 1.5
- L (West) on USFS-346 at 34.670880, -84.081904 and go 3.5 to 4 miles
- There’s a stub for the start of USFS-346 on the Garmin GPS map. It is shown on the 2011 topo for the Suches quadrangle all the way to Williams Gap.
- This guy talks about driving to Williams Gap and hiking. http://davidleemuse.blogspot.com/2011/10/frozen-knob-again.html (and I saved a copy in Evernote).
- Last McDonalds:
- Penultimate McDonalds:
- Bushwhack up the ridge from Williams Gap to Frozen Knob
- Trailhead altitude: ???
- Summit altitude: ???
- GPS tracks/waypoints:
- Summit: 34.683, -84.1195
- Trailhead: N34.68937 W84.11775
- Hang antenna from tree:
- Space to guy mast:
- Cell coverage:
- Unique features:
- summits listed here with some clue as to where/how