SOTA Guide: W4G/HC-036 Pine Mountain
Trip-specific: Drive to Trailhead & Trail Guide
- Duration: 0:45 from Atlanta
- Google Maps URL from I-285 at 33.91819, -84.33747: http://goo.gl/maps/2hplA
- Seasonal/Limited Access: Year-round, all weather.
- I-285 West
- I-75 North
- Exit 288 for GA-113. Turn Right. Go 0.1
- Turn Right onto Komatsu Drive. Go 0.1
- There are no restrooms in the parking area, and the trail is too public to make your own.
- Last McDonalds:
- Penultimate McDonalds:
- On the way home (scouting/errands):
- Duration: 0:50
- Cartersville publishes a brochure about the area at http://www.cityofcartersville.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/570 . Print it, and carry the map.
- Note: The trail is clearly but obscurely marked! There are posts with arrows at each intersection. However, some posts have only colored arrows. The color matches the color on the map. If you print the map in black-and-white, you've got a problem applying the color code.
- If you didn't bring a color-printed map, just take the right-most trail at each intersection, going up from the west parking lot.
- Pine Mountain west parking lot = 34.17534, -84.75366
- Beginning of Red Trail = 34.17841, -84.74715
- Summit = 34.17680, -84.74500
- Hang antenna from tree: Low trees near summit. May have to zigzag your wire.
- Space to guy mast: Yes. I bungeed mine to a crooked tree.
- Cell coverage: Good.
- Unique features:
- Kennesaw Mountain
- Vineyard Mountain